Sunday, September 21, 2014

Summer 2014- Beach Part 2

Back to the beach!

As promised, here are a few more pictures from our Tybee Island vacation. Being on the east coast we don’t get the magnificent sunsets of the Pacific, but we get a pretty amazing sunrise. I told myself that if I managed to wake up by sunrise one morning that I was going to get some pictures. I wasn’t about to set an alarm, because, let’s face it- this was vacation. But while we’re facing facts here, its also a vacation with three children five and under so waking up at 6:50 AM with the sun peeking over the horizon is a real possibility.
One morning I woke up, glanced at the clock and what do you know- it’s the perfect time to throw on a change of clothes and head to the beach. Only my mother in law was awake, and I’m pretty sure I freaked her out a little bit when she heard the door close as I scurried to capture some photos before the sun rose too high.
The first image is from our balcony. Talk about a seriously spectacular view.
 
After that I ran down to the beach and grabbed some more shots. The perk of taking sunrise photos versus sunset is that most people are still sleeping, so I had lots of room to shoot. Only a few walkers, joggers and early risers enjoyed the morning with me. It was beautiful and peaceful. and next time I think I'll just go sans camera and sit and enjoy the view.




I also took some shots of the walkway from our hotel to the beach. Until Tybee Island last year, I’d never seen sand grass and sea dunes. They create a gorgeous segue onto the beach.



So obviously, we loved the beach. We also made a stop in Savannah and visited Forsyth Park. The historic district in Savannah is gorgeous, but it was on our way home, the boys were exhausted and whiny, so Forsyth Park was the only stop we made and it was a quick one. Next time we might hit up Savannah on day one so as to avoid all the whine and fuss.




There's something about large trees draped in Spanish moss that lends and air of age and mystery to the city. I can't wait to explore it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment